Monday, January 2, 2012

Mirrors reflect, and so shall I

This time last year, I looked fear in the face, giggled, and started my own business.

Well rewind a bit....FIRST, I physically took pen to paper and made a list of what I had to offer others as an artist, and with what I had to offer, could I actually make money off this. And then took that list, ripped it up and rewrote it like a dozen more times.

Next...I told myself I was crazy, laughed and realized that was a good thing. Or at least I've been told.

We are unique creatures, and our worst critics, I can surely attest to that. If you are TRULY an artist, you learn to grow, perfect your craft, force yourself to find that next piece of inspiration. Many have given up on their journey, it's not for the faint at heart. But with the love and support of my husband, family and friends, I jumped and probably giggled a little more.

2011 was a great beginning to a lovely journey. I've met some beautiful people, that have allowed me to come into their lives, and capture memories, and I am eternally grateful.

With all that said, I'd like to photographically reflect with some of my personal favorites that I captured this year.

Here's to the future, and all the perfect things it brings for us all.

Enjoy....




No comments:

Post a Comment